Cryptocurrency gambling saw a three-fold increase in traffic during 2020 according to a SoftSwiss game aggregator 2020 corporate report.
The report found that bitcoin was the dominant cryptocurrency, accounting for more than 90 per cent of traffic. Meanwhile, ethereum and litecoin made up the remaining 10 per cent, following in second and third place respectively.
“The absolute and relative value of cryptocurrency gambling traffic has increased threefold in 2020, compared to 2019,” said Andrey Starovoitov, COO at SoftSwiss.
“Bitcoin is no longer exotic. In the coming years, we expect to see even more gaming studios supporting cryptocurrencies in their games, as well as casino operators integrating new crypto payment methods for their players.”
SoftSwiss Game Aggregator statistics found that cryptocurrency usage had increased on a global scale, with particular growth in Canada, Latin America and Russia.
The report concluded that the rapidly growing popularity of cryptocurrency as a means of payment leads to a rising interest in crypto gambling, a marketplace previously dominated by fiat.
More than 3,000 games on the group’s game aggregator platform support the use of cryptocurrency, which the provider explained can