- Mike Novogratz on Monday said he expected the price of bitcoin to hit $65,000 and told the “Game of Thrones” star Maisie Williams to buy the digital token.
- Williams conducted a Twitter poll on Monday about whether she should buy bitcoin. It caught the attention of several prominent names, including Novogratz, Elon Musk, and the major cryptocurrency investor Barry Silbert.
- Bitcoin climbed on Wednesday by as much as 4.8%, to $18,480 and a three-year high, before tumbling by $1,000 during Asian trading.
- Bitcoin’s market capitalization recently hit a high of $337 billion, surpassing a record of $328 billion set in December 2017.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The actor took a poll on Twitter on whether she should buy bitcoin, the world’s most popular cryptocurrency. Novogratz responded by saying he expected the price to hit $20,000 before getting to $65,000 because of a “network effect” in which there are a ton of new buyers and low supply.
“So YES, buy it,” he said.
Bitcoin surged on Wednesday by as much as 4.8%, to $18,480 and a three-year high,